Jubilee Events and Parties

If so let us know the date, your street, road, close or avenue and we will include our party in the Jubilee Souvenir programme.

To help you successfully plan your event here are a few pointers in relation to road closures:

Devon County Council requires 6 weeks’ notice for local events including The Big Lunch and national celebrations relating to the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, when it is planned for such events to be held on the public highway.

  • If you want to hold a street party for these events, you will need to apply for a temporary traffic restriction to close a minor road.
  • If you are unsure whether your road is a major or minor road phone 0345 155 1004
  • There is NO charge for a temporary traffic restriction to close a minor road for these events.
  • If you need No Waiting cones these will need to be arranged via a third-party contractor.
  • Only a suitable insured and trained person may place signs or cones on the highway.
  • All road closures must be applied for via the Devon County Council website.

Ilfracombe Town Council